Sunday, August 17, 2008

A much needed break!


With Tim in Colorado for a boys week, I figured I should find something to do with myself that WASN'T work related!  After a crazy work and class filled summer this was the only week that I didn't have anything planned in.  

Although the Wieselwomen had attempted to plan a get together with Da, it didn't work out. We will try again soon though! With no chance of a last minute get together with the ladies, I took advantage of a chance to go camping with my good friends, Liz, John and their little man Nate. I went into work on Monday to tie up a few loose ends and try to resolve the room issue (will talk about this later) and then dropped the pup (Kida) off to "camp" and headed north. 

3 1/2 hours later I landed in Danville, VT at the Sugar Ridge Campground. While I admit that it was nothing like camping as I know it, we had a wonderful time and took advantage of the early fall like weather for playing outside, hopping in the pool and just sitting outside and loving nature.  We had a wonderful time and Nate ran around like a crazy man the entire time. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and I must say, so did I.

I returned from VT yesterday to pick up the pup who I missed soooooo much.  I definitely could have brought him with me and probably should have but I didn't know what the campground was like and how Nate would be with him for a week so we decided against it. Now I sit and wait. Well not quite, I am working on prepping for the first day of school which has snuck up on me yet again.  Tim comes home tonight super late and I can't wait for that either. I just don't know how people do the business trips and husband/wife overseas but I give them credit. I get antsy waiting for him to get home, and I wasn't even home!

Hope all is well with all of you! Miss you tons!!
Lexi (&Tim)

No comments: