Sunday, October 19, 2008

One year down, many to go!




So Tim and I celebrated our one year anniversary. We decided we weren't doing presents. Anniversaries shouldn't be about what object you give each other they should be about remembering back to all the reasons you love each other and the things you have been through together. 

So, we had dinner at the Heritage for free (one year anniversary dinner) and we talked about the wedding and how it feels like yesterday but at the same time feels like it was forever ago.  We talked about the DJ, the cake, the photographer and of course the awesome time we had getting the family together. We have decided we liked it so much we want to do it again!

Anyhow, before the dinner and the remembering, was the surprise. Tim and I had just returned form the White Mountains the night before. Tim always takes the next day off to unpack the car and try to clean up from the weekend. Apparently he had more in mind then just cleaning up and picking up Kida. I came home to the picture above. They look familiar don't they?

So, you may or may not know that Tim and I did not get the top layer of our cake back from the venue following the wedding. We are not sure what happened although there is a possibility that they accidently (or stupidly) served it during the wedding. No big deal though, although it is tradition, we were not too sad that we wouldn't get to eat year old, thawed, frozen for a year wedding cake. We moved on, or so I thought. 

Tim apparently started thinking about this two or so weeks ago. He called the lady who did our wedding cake, explained what happened and asked if it was possible to remake the top layer. Well as you can see, she had no problem fulfilling this wish!  How cute is he? He spent all day Tuesday getting out to the cake lady picking up the cake and setting up the table to surprise me with the top layer of our wedding cake. 

I have to say it was pretty damn cool to come home to that. I really did find a good one....actually, I think I'm lucky he found me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aliLex-that is so awesome!!! You def found a sweet one!!! I love it!!!